The ACE program gives members a chance to earn three pins throughout the year in recognition of three different aspects of the mission of the OKC Modern Quilt Guild. To earn a pin, simply complete three activities from each category. You can earn pins one at a time- no need to rush!
Here are some sample activities for each category, but there is freedom to come up with your own!
- Have Quilt in Guild Show
- Show & Share Modern Quilt
- Participate in block exchange or group quilt
- Participate in Swaps or Challenges
Community (external to guild)-
- Complete Charity Quilt
- Participate in Charity Sew Day
- Make Stockings or other guild charity project
- Quilts of Valor
- Do a Demo – at a meeting or for the blog
- Do a Presentation
- Contribute to newsletter
- Work the booth at the Winter Quilt Show
- Go to other guilds to sell tickets for the raffle quilt (can also count as Community)
Given at the discretion of the board to members who go above and beyond in leadership service to the guild.
Achievement pins will be presented during each meeting after Show & Share – you will be asked to share your completed activities with the guild to encourage others to participate in this endeavor.
Some activities may fall into multiple categories; however, we ask that you only count each activity toward one pin. We won't be tracking your activities; this is an honor system driven program.
The list is intended to serve as examples for each category- feel free to come up with your own tasks!
We are excited to use this program to help our members get more involved with the community and grow in the art of modern quilting!
If you have any questions, please direct them to any board member or to okcmqg at gmail dot com .