- NEXT MEETING will be held at Oklahoma Quiltworks. We will be having a social and demo night so please bring a snack to share and be ready to have FUN!
- If you are not receiving email updates from the Modern Quilt Guild (remember, that's the larger group not our local chapter) you may need to go in to the Modern Quilt Guild site and complete your registration information. If you're unsure of where you are in the process and you have questions about that please email OKCMQG and someone will help you out.
- Speaking of technology, are you on Instagram? If so, don't forget to add #OKCMQG and #MQG on your posts. It makes it easy for everyone in the guild, and in the Modern Quit Guild, to find all of your wonderful work!
- If you are interested in participating in the "Road to Oklahoma" Quilt Block Lottery please click here or on the image in the sidebar to find out more details.
- We have a possible opportunity for a show at the OKC Museum of Art and Leslie has challenged us to create quilts with an alternate grid layout. There is great discussion happening over on the Facebook page of what this looks like. More details to come!
Now that we're through the business side of things, we had the wonderful Brenda Esslinger speak with us about her Fractured Quilt technique. Brenda is the author of two books on the Factured Quilting technique, which are available in her Etsy Shop, and she was kind enough to share a bit about how she discovered a faster and easier way to accomplish this look. She brought along several of her lovely quilts to aid her in describing the technique which involves cutting from several squares of the same image in a variety of ways to create this choppy slightly out of focus look.
And continuing on the pretty sewn items front we had a wonderful show and share as always.
Leslie also completed this charity quilt using uneven strips of Waverly solids and a Michael Miller stripe.
Way to go on all of your fabulous projects everyone! Keep up the great work and we'll see you in June at Oklahoma Quiltworks!