Wednesday, October 1, 2014

WIN the "Doppleganger" Raffle Quilt!

This raffle is now closed.

Tomorrow is the opening night of the Oklahoma City Modern Quilt Guild 2014 "Defining Modern" Show!  After two years of planning and some substantial growth in our membership we are so excited to share with everyone the talent of our group at the Fine Arts Institute of Edmond.  We are also excited for YOU to have the opportunity to win this gorgeous quilt....

For the first time at one of our shows you have the opportunity to win a beautiful modern quilt!  The "Doppleganger" pattern, designed by the talented Thomas Knauer, was chosen for this year's quilt and measures 80"x80".

The vibrant four, and single, patches were pieced and contributed by generous OKCMQG members.  The array of purples are from the Michael Miller Cotton Couture line and were purchased at Oklahoma Quiltworks.  Jana Hernandez, member and owner of Peace by Piece Quilting, stunningly quilted the "Doppleganger" quilt in a fresh and fun "all over" design.  The backing is from the "Collage" line by Carrie Bloomston and was purchased at Je's Bend in Norman, OK.  The quilt in its entirety is 100% cotton.

75% of proceeds will assist the OKC Modern Quilt Guild fund educational programs for membership, display future quilt shows, aid in the completion of charitable projects, and more.  The remaining 25% of the proceeds go toward aiding the Fine Arts Institute of Edmond fund programs and community outreach, including allowing groups such as ours display their work free of charge.

This raffle is now closed.

All tickets (online and physical) will be combined.  The winner will be announced here, on the blog, and they will be contacted on November 1st via email or phone depending on how/where you purchased your entries.

Best of luck and thank you for helping the Fine Arts Institute of Edmond and the Oklahoma City Modern Quilt Guild!  We both sincerely appreciate it!

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely quilt! Just bought my tickets, crossing my fingers.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.